Monday, May 25, 2009

RETURN TO YONGNING



Today was a wonderful day. We went to Yongning orphanage where Grace had spent the first twelve months of her life. The staff there was kind enough to let us visit even with all of the concerns over the swine flu. We were not allowed to go into the baby room, but we were able to walk around the grounds and Grace's nanny and the assistant director came out to greet us. They were very excited to see Grace again. They remembered Grace as the little girl with the big eyes. Her nanny told us many stories about her including the fact that she liked to be carried and spoiled, which we knew well. After leaving the orphanage we walked through the city market in Yongning. There were people everywhere and we caused quite a commotion as everyone stopped to stare at us.
Travis continues to amaze us with his zest for life. He is a true joy. He is quite the character and loves to make everyone laugh. We have already corrupted him with McDonald's and he can eat an entire happy meal in no time flat. He also likes to make sure that I am eating and will hand me a french fry if he sees me empty handed. He gives the sweetest little kisses and is my constant shadow. I don't have to worry about him wandering off because he is always by my side. Well I hope everyone enjoys the latest photos. I love sharing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment