Saturday, May 23, 2009

WE HAVE TRAVIS!!!

We made it to China and we have Travis! I am so sorry that we have not been able to post anything, but blog sites are blocked here so I have not been able to get to my blog. I am sending a big thanks to Kelly Rumbaugh who is posting for me. I will try to catch everyone up on our events. I guess I should start by saying that Travis is an absolute doll. He is the sweetest little boy and I am totally in love with my new son. Within the first hour of becoming a part of our family he was smiling and laughing. I am totally amazed and in awe of this little boy who a few days ago didn't know what a mommy was and yet is already calling me momma and following me around where ever I go. He is very quiet and for the first day didn't say a word. We had asked his nanny if he talked and she had said that he did, but we weren't sure. Well last night out of the blue we heard the softest sweetest little voice start to say a few words. Then at bedtime he decided to honor us with a song. He sang the cutest little song while laying in his crib. He sang for over an hour and we all just sat and listened and couldn't help but smile as he sang on and on. Today he has started to repeat words in english that we tell him like ball, car, cat. He has a great zest for life which is evident in his photos. Oh and I forgot to mention that he is built like a mac truck. I had thought he would be small and underweight, but oh no this guy is sturdy and solid and can out eat all of us. He beams from ear to ear when we go out to eat and they start to bring the food. He grabs his fork and goes to it. He is a very serious eater. Well I will do my best to update daily and I hope I am able to post photos so everyone can share in the joy that our new son is bringing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment